Monday, December 19, 2011

Sore hip = sad me

On Saturday, DECEMBER 17 - we stole another beautiful day of sunshine and warm temps!  Hubby and I went for a nice 16 mile (26k) run together.  I was going great, I was enjoying the sunshine and the pace was ok for me - much better than the weekend before where I felt like I was being held back.  I was really enjoying my long run with the hubby.  Then, at about mile 12 - OUCH - what is that - a pain in my left hip.  I slowed a bit, changed my gait, my stride, but each time my foot hit the ground there a was a pain in my hip.

The last 4 miles of the run SUCKED.  I sucked it up and ran it the best I could, but here I am, 2 days later and in 2 hours I will be on my therapist's table for an emergency 1/2 hour massage to see what the heck is going on in this hip.  It seems to be living somewhere on top of the hip joint.  This morning, while still lying in bed I was quite optimistic because the pain seemed to be gone.  When I first got up, it was feeling pretty good ... and then about 10 minutes out of bed and BAM ... every step with my left foot produces an annoying, painful sensation in my hip that seems to radiate in all directions.

I leave for our Christmas Holiday on Wednesday with dreams of hot weather runs in Florida.  But right now I'm quite sad, feeling side-lined by this injury.  I don't get injured.  So I'm hoping and praying my therapist will fix me right up tonight and in a few days I'll be blogging about my run to the beach and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment