Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Vacation in Florida (how to avoid the effect of 100 beers)

Yeah - it's that time of year when I get to run away from the approaching winter here in Canada and spend a couple weeks basking in the the warmth of my home-town of Stuart Florida.
evening in the backyard
I can't tell you how much I love spending this time of year in my home town seeing old friends, boating, swimming and family traditions.  Unfortunately it also includes many libations and no gym!  And with my hip injury, it's looking like my running will be curtailed a bit as well.  So, to combat what my husband says is 100 beers, I've decided to make some commitments, make them known to the small world one or two people that might read this blog and hopefully keep me honest to combat the effects of 100 beers in 2 weeks!

1. 5 minutes of plank a day
2. 50 push-ups a day
3. at least 30 mins of swimming, at least every other day (a total of at least 7 pool workouts and if warm enough one ocean swim)
4. a 16 mile long run and a 20 mile long run (IF my hip recovers)

I'm not sure how much blogging I will be doing but I will keep myself honest with twitter updates!  Here's to a very Merry Christmas, perhaps with 100 beers but no extra pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment