Monday, October 22, 2012

My last ride to Lake Simcoe this year

Today was a bit bitter-sweet   The weather was down right perfect for a long bike ride today.  Of course I'm in taper so my "long" ride was just under 4 hours - but enough time to ride up Lake Simcoe one last time.  Last week I told the nice old man at the Lakeside Convenience Store that I wouldn't see him again until spring.  He was happily surprised when I rolled up today to grab a bottle of water.  He said the weather was sure to be nice again next week and that he would be sure that he would see me again.  I explained that sadly, no, I would not be riding up again this year.  He wished me luck and sent me on my way.

I enjoyed my ride today, soaking in the beautiful fall colours and warm sunshine.  I've been so lucky to have such great weather this year to train in.  I can't wait until spring and I can ride up there again!

11 days and 6 hours to Ironman Florida!

I'm off to the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment