Saturday, October 20, 2012

14 Day Weather Forecast IMFL

Well, it only goes to say, if I can see Saturday, November 3rd on the 14 day weather forecast on my Ipad then Ironman Florida is officially less than 2 weeks away!  The first week of taper went quite well, and really it's still a lot of work.  I got through it all but the 4 hour ride which is scheduled for Monday - with a forecasted high of 17*c, sunny and light winds.  I'll take it!

But let's not beat around bush - it's not the weather forecast for Monday that is taking over my mind!  Weather is clearly out of my control - so I shouldn't give it much thought - but everything about the race seems to revolve around the weather - is it going to be hot and sunny?  Cold and rainy? Windy and rough? or just perfect conditions ...

So here it is ... 14 days out ...
that's 79*F - 73*F
I know, I know - it's 14 days out and it will probably change daily ...  and I'm sure the first thing I will do every morning is turn on that Ipad and check!  I know on race day I will focus on what is in my immediate control - my swim start seeding, my effort and nutrition on the bike, and my mental toughness to push through the pain on the run.  But leading up to the that day, I will also scrutinise the weather forecast but being aptly prepared for the weather is also in my control!

13 days, 14 hours, 5 mins ... and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment