Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I miss running

It's been nearly 8 weeks since I have run.

I never thought I would love running this much but I can honestly say I miss it and I love it.

I love the way I feel after a long run, after a fast run, after a recovery run.  I love fuelling my body, pushing my legs, my lungs, my heart. I love the taste of salt on my lip mixed with the sweet raspberry hammer gel. I love going far from home knowing I have to return.

 I miss the sunshine and the sweat soaked shirt even when its so cold outside you wonder how you can sweat. I miss the music screaming in my ears.  I miss the hours out of the house and in the fresh air.  I miss being in my own head with no one else.  I miss visualizing my day with Ironman, visualizing the emotions, the feelings, the pain.  I miss running.

No comments:

Post a Comment