Thursday, February 9, 2012

My new bike - she needs a name!

Hey - Look at my new toy!

I took my new bike out for a spin today - which considering it is FEBRUARY 9 in Toronto - that alone is a wonderful thing.  But it was special to take my very first tri-bike out for a spin the day after I got it.

It wasn't all smooth riding though - I actually had a panic attack getting on the darn thing!  I'm not kidding - it's been 5 months since I have clipped into a bike (not counting time on a trainer of course).  That coupled with the fact that I am dealing with a damaged tib/fib joint in my left knee which we can only  assume is the product of my 3 falls on my road bike this past summer.  All that on top of it being my extremely new, expensive, shinny tri bike.  Yip, it took me a good 10 minutes to talk myself onto that bike!  CRAZY!

However, once I got clipped in it all came back to me - just like riding a bike!  I only road 5 miles - on the bike path out to Leslie and back.  I practised getting into and out of my aero position, holding the position, shifting gears and the such.  I am shocked at how much harder to handle this bike is compared to my old trusted
 road bike and completely know why aero position is not welcome in group rides.

I have a lot of learning to do that is for sure.  But I am so very pleased with my new bike!  Thanks to the hubby who is so wonderfully supporting my Ironman year!

Now to name her!

No comments:

Post a Comment