It was 20 wonderful minutes on the treadmill before my barbell class this morning. The first few minutes were interesting as my muscles tightened up and seemed heavy but after about 5 minutes I was feeling great. If I didn't have to get into my class I would have ran an hour! Yeah - I'm BACK!
I have 2 goals for the 2013 season. As I have written in the past, I want to get my Boston Qualifier (3:45) and I want to qualify for the 2014 Canadian National Age Group Team for the Olympic Tri. Yes I know, both of the goals may be unattainable but what the heck - I've done an Ironman so why set definite attainable goals?
2013 Tentative Race Schedule
- February 17, Ft. Lauderdale A1A Marathon (first shot at BQ)
- March 24, Around the Bay 30k - I want to do this race so badly!
- April 6, Beaches Spring Sprint 5k (I want to run this with my 8 year old daughter)
- May 5. Toronto Marathon (second shot at BQ if necessary)
- May 26, Ottawa Half (to support a friend running her first)
- June 8, Binbrook Sprint Tri (to dust off transtion skills)
- June 23, Mt. Tremblant 70.3 - (Sub 6:10)
- July 21, Toronto Triathlon Festival Olympic - 10 age group spots to the National Team!!!
- Sept 7, Wasaga Beach Oly (unless I get coerced into the Muskoka 70.3 on the 8th)
- Oct. 12, KONA (well, I DID enter the lottery)
- Nov. 3, Hamilton Road to Hope Marathon - this is only if I don't BQ before
- Jan 11, 2014 Bone Island Tri Iron Distance in Key West (who needs an off season?)
So I have just under 11 weeks until my first shot of a sub 3:45 marathon so I will be ramping up my training fairly quickly. Hills and speed work are on the top of my training to do's with just moderate long runs on the weekends. Let's hope the Canadian weather will be good to me!