Friday, August 12, 2011

Ramblings about The Beach

I am so very fortunate to live in a great little neighborhood about 9km from downtown Toronto called The Beach (or The Beaches depending what side you stand on that debate).  We have been here for 7 years now and I can say I would live no where else in Toronto but here.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to try SUP for the first time.  That's short for Stand Up Paddle if you are like my hubby who said to me "when you say SUP it means nothing to me".  I had been wanting to try it for awhile now and now I think I found a new hobby (oh how to fit this in between runs, rides, swims, spins, yoga, and weights) but unfortunately only another month or so before this hobby will move South.  I'll be checking it out when we are down in FLA this winter for sure!
If you live in Toronto and want to give SUP a try give Janna a shout at http://www.supgirlz.com/ and let me know and I might get out there to join you!  They only paddle until the end of September so not a lot of time left.

On my run this morning I was once again reminded of house incredibly lucky I am to live in such a wonderful neighborhood so close to Lake Ontario.  I even stopped to take a couple of shots on my Blackberry.  They didn't turn out that great - will try more another time. That's the CN tower and downtown Toronto.  I thought it was a nice and clear day but the BB seems to have picked up some smog or haze!

This is taken from out on the point of Ashbridge's Bay Park looking back to where my street is - about 3.5km away.  It's so easy to put a 10k run in around the boardwalk and Ashbridge's Bar Park.  today was a reminder to get out and enjoy the weather and the neighborhood now because even though it isn't even mid-August, the air at night is tuning cooler and fall is just around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment