Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 9 Training update - 7 weeks to go!

I missed a week of training update - it was week 8 of training with 8 weeks to go.  It was also back to school week for the kids and the weekend ended with Muskoka 70.3!  While I didn't taper for Muskoka, I did ease up on my training schedule - I had a good hour tempo run and a great 90k ride in the weekend leading up to it.  It was a very busy week in life and training came second.

Now on to this past week which was conveniently was a recover week in my plan.  I took Monday completely off, I lifted weights on Tuesday, I took spin on Wednesday with a treadmill run after, I had an easy 10k run on Thursday morning followed my Thursday night spin/power, took Friday off, had a fabulous 15k long run on Saturday and will cap off this week today with another spin/power class. 

I feel like I've been light on the training for the past two weeks but I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks as the final build.  

This upcoming week in a nutshell - so excited to get to my Friday ride and my weekend run!

Monday
90min endurance ride, 30 min run off the bike
Swim 3500m 

Tuesday
Group power 9:30-10:30
1 hour tempo run, 30min zone 4

Wednesday
Spin 9:30
Coached swim with Kyle 11:30-12:30

Thursday
Group power
Rest legs

Friday
Long ride 5:30-6 hours
Run off the bike 30mins

Saturday or Sunday
Long run - 2:50 or approx 30k

Sunday
TRD


No comments:

Post a Comment